Thursday, February 27, 2014

Neverfall (Everneath #1.5) : Review

Neverfall by Brodi Ashton

Rating: ★★★★

The Gist
This novella follows Cole during the time period of Everneath as he tries to figure out how Nikki survived the feed.

The Overall Opinion
A quick read that was enjoyable. I'd only read one novella prior to this one and it wasn't that great which turned me off to novellas (to be fair that entire series was kind of hit and miss for me). Since that first experience, I avoided any and all novellas until now and I'm glad that I read this because I love Cole and it was nice to get more of an insight to him and see things from his POV. We travel to London and are introduced to the Delphinians and the Fates who have an interesting history with the Everneath. The story was written in the same style as the novels in the series which was great because one of the things I love the most about this series is the way the story is told. I love the flashbacks. I wanted to read Neverfall before I started Evertrue, the final book in the trilogy, and good thing I did because my memory of Everneath is now refreshed. If only there was a #2.5.

If you like this series I would recommend reading this novella and if you haven't read the series then I strongly recommend reading it. Everneath is a mythology inspired series which centers around a retelling of the Persephone myth but the retelling isn't an obvious one. This is one of my favorite series. Read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment