Saturday, August 11, 2012

Everneath : Review

Everneath by Brodi Ashton

★★★★★

Nicki Beckett makes a decision to take part in The Feed where Cole, an Everliving, will "feed" off her emotions in the Everneath for a century. Once the Feed is over Nicki makes a decision to return to the surface (where only six month have passed) and make things right by saying a proper goodbye before her impending return to the Everneath.

Cole is trying to convince Nikki to join him as an Everliving and, together, make a run for the throne. Jack, Nikki's boyrfriend from before the feed, is trying to find out why Nikki ran away (of course this is what everyone believes) and is trying to renew their friendship which seems to have completely dissolved.

The story switches between Then and Now (before the feed and after the feed) and we get to see why Nikki chose to take part and why she chose to return.
 --------

Wow! This book was so much better than I was expecting it to be. It was just so good! So good! I've never seen mythology being incorporated into a fictional novel like this (the only other mythology infused novels I've read are from the Percy Jackson series) and the story was just AMAZING.

There is a true love triangle. There really is a decision to be made between Cole and Jack, though Cole technically cannot or should not be able to feel love. And I was completely engrossed in it all. I can't wait to see where the story is going to go with the next book. I have to hang tight till Jan 22nd. D:

I can't even explain how good this book was. It just got better and better and better. If you haven't read it, just go read it right now. It was amazing, phenomenal, fantastic, and every possible positive word that can be said about a book.

This wait for Everbound to come out is going to drive me crazy. I bet this is what people who read Hunger Games or Divergent right when they came out (before they became so popular) felt like.

There is going to be a book called Neverfall coming out. It will #1.5 in the Everneath series. According to Brodi Ashton (the author), "It will be a bridge book between Everneath and Everbound, and will dig deeper into Cole's intentions." She assures us that it won't be a necessary read in order to make sense of Everbound but I will still be getting it because 1) I kinda like Cole and 2) I need something to get me through these next 5 months or so.

Also, I found Brodi Ashton's blog if you want to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment