Thursday, January 9, 2014

Obsidian (Lux #1) : Review

Now that I've completed two series (Divergent and Delirium) I've moved on to a new one and I think it has definite potential of being one of my favorites. Now excuse me while I go on a Lux binge and spend the next week of my life reading the entire series.

12578077
Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

My rating: ★★★★½

Katy is new to town and soon comes to find out that her new neighbors are aliens. Daemon and Dee live next door and while Dee grows to become Katy's best friend, Daemon proves to be more annoying than ever. Daemon and Katy do not get along yet Katy can't seem to deny the attraction (READ: Immense Sexual Frustration). The more Katy seems to spend time with Daemon the more attractive she becomes to his sworn enemies. Then things happen and well lets just say that their connection grows stronger. 

 ------------------------------------------------------------

Definitely read this book. It was so good.

It reminded me of Twilight a little bit, mostly because there are some parallels between the two books as far as structure of the story goes but it is no way the same thing. This book definitely has a different feel to it. The writing was reminiscent of Richelle Mead's Vampire Academy series and I think the same could be said about the characters. Katy and Daemon are both pretty feisty and quick witted. The chemistry between the two is intense though they both spend the entire time denying or resisting it (for very real, believable reasons). Usually reading books where there is so much sexual tension between the two characters which never really gets satisfied doesn't appeal to me. I mean, by the end of the book I want to see that tension resolved but I didn't mind it in this book for some reason that I haven't yet figured out.

I really, genuinely, thoroughly enjoyed this book and I will definitely be reading the rest of the series.




No comments:

Post a Comment