Sunday, April 22, 2012

Rules of Attraction: Book Review

This is the second book in the Perfect Chemistry series, which by the way is probably going to be on my list of favorite book series. I love the cheesy romance and the opposites attract cliche.

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2)Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Also reviews on my blog

Finished reading "Rules of Attraction" and I have to say it went really fast. I couldn't put the book down and now I think I'm becoming a huge fan of Simone Elkeles.

Reading the other reviews, I noticed that many people commented about the similarities between Rules of Attraction and Perfect Chemistry. I gotta say, yeah there are similarities (two people who are polar opposites meet and fall in unlikely love; bad boy involved with gangs; resistance to love; boy thinks about giving up the girl for her own sake but eventually changes his mind, etc.) but I still felt that the book was different and unique in its own way and the characters were different and really it wasn't all that much the same... just similar structure.

I loved Carlos. He was different from Alex in that he tried harder to put up the bad boy front whereas Alex seemed like he didn't really try for that. I liked that Carlos was a hard candy with a soft center.

Kiara was the shy girl breaking out of her shell. I found her feelings for Carlos to be real and believable and most of the time I was right there along with her getting annoyed or enticed or whatever else.

The relationship itself was much more sudden than in Perfect Chemistry. The build up was different. In Perfect Chemistry there was a slow progression to the first kiss, the sex scene, and the ending. In Rules of Attraction, it was a lot more jerky. It was like one second they hated each other and were resisting their feelings for each other, the all of a sudden there is a kiss, then the almost sex, and the sex, and the climax. It was all just really fast, though I think that was appropriate for the relationship between Carlos and Kiara.

Anyway, I really like this book and now it's time for me to move on to Luis and Chain Reaction. :D

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment