Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Book Review: Perfect Chemistry

So I just finished reading this amazing book called Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles and wrote a review for it. I figure if I'm going to blog, I might as well blog about everything because at least that way I will never run out of things to write about and thus will never have a legitimate excuse to not blog something for a while.

  Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1)Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Where to begin! Going into it I was expecting a very cliched story and I have to admit I'm not even sure why I chose to read this book after having read the title and the little synopsis. Whatever the reason, I did end up reading the book and the beginning did start off very cliched though I found myself wanting to read more. The first couple chapters establish how polar opposite Alex and Brittany are yet they something in common. They live in totally different world.... dadadada. The whole beginning was very predictable and, like I said, cliche. The further I got into it though, the better it got. Alex and Brittany's connection grew stronger and more undeniable and I couldn't wait for them to finally get together. They both go through the whole falling-madly-in-love process and the whole time I found myself rooting for them. I desperately wanted them to work out and have a happily-ever-after fairy tale ending though something bad was bound to happen.

The ending was perfection. After about half-way the whole book went by really fast, as in I lost track of time because I was so into it. The conclusion was perfection and I'm so glad that it was made to seem more realistic than total cliche and that it didn't happen so fast.

Emotionally, the book played all the right music. I was grinning from ear to ear, hurting for Alex and Brittany, craving for Alex, and definitely feeling that passion that is there between them.

The more I read the harder I found it to put the book down. The story was beautiful and truly a love story. It might have its fair share of cliches but the cliches are done right. Someone reading this book probably likes contemporary love stories (think Sarah Dessen, Deb Coletti, etc.) in that case the book hits all the right marks and leaves you completely satisfied.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment