Monday, April 16, 2012

Daydreaming on a Lake

Yesterday I went on a two hour boat ride with the family on Lake Union. It was a nice sunny day, rare and rewarding for Seattleites, and I spent much time day dreaming about things that may or may not ever happen. For example, there were boat houses all across the edges of the lake and I imagines myself living in a boat house. Just imagine. Waking up in the morning, looking out the window and seeing water instead of pavement. Stepping outside to read and you can have your feet just dangling in the lake. It just sounds so peaceful and AMAZING!

Of course the problem with day dreaming though is that later when you get realistic about things, you notice all the flaws. Boat houses seem great and all for spring and summer but in the winter you're left to deal with the cold. It will be colder near the boat house than in the city because you're right on the water. This isn't so great, especially since I don't like the cold so much (at least this is what I've decided as Seattle's long, cold winter comes to an end, I'll probably think differently in July when we have our annual heat wave). 

 Now that I'm thinking about it, I don't know if boat houses have heaters, and I'm sure they have electricity but where is their electrical connection? Isn't it dangerous to have electrical wires by the water? 

I also day dreamed about owning a large boat one day. The kind with a cabin to sleep in. I want to be able to go out into the water and just stay there for a while, surrounded on all sides by water and having left the world's worries ashore. 

Anyway, this is my first blog post, so here's to what will hopefully be a successful blogging endeavor. I guess right now I'm just sticking my toe into the blogging waters. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment