Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Rick Riordan Reading Goals

I discovered Rick Riordan way back when The Lightning Thief came out. I was a fan. There's no denying it. First of all, I love Greek/Roman mythology. Secondly, I loved the writing, story and adventure that all came as part of a package when reading Rick Riordan's novels. I followed the series, reading the sequels as soon as they came out. Up until the fourth book. Now, keep in mind that these were the days before I had a Goodreads account. This was when I was in middle school and keeping up with all the new updates for a new book and basically cyber-stalking an author wasn't so easy. You had to actually go to the book's website or hear it through the grapevine at school to find out when a certain book was coming out as opposed to just checking the Goodreads page. (Times are so much simpler now)

Anyway, I can't remember if I ever read The Battle of the Labyrinth, book 4 of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. I definitely didn't read the finale, The Last Olympian. Sometime around the release of the fourth book I lost track of Rick Riordan. My catch up happened much later/very recently. This year I saw The Red Pyramid and The Lost Hero at every book store I went to (I only hang out in the young adult section, you see) and realized that Rick Riordan had two entire series that I've been completely oblivious about. And one of them is Egyptian mythology! Then there were the videos on YouTube of people getting so very excited about getting Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods, which, by the way, is a gorgeous looking book and a genius idea. He also has a new series starting next year called Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard. Asgard! As in Thor. As in Norse mythology! All of this combined with all the hype and excitement surrounding the recent release of The Blood of Olympus has made me want to catch up with the writings of Rick Riordan.

I am going to be doing a lot of Rick Riordan reading in the next year. In honor of this decision I compiled a list of goals.

Rick Riordan Reading Goals
Read/re-read The Battle of the Labyrinth
Read The Last Olympian
Read The Lost Hero
Read The Son of Neptune
Read The Mark of Athena
Read The House of Hades
Read The Blood of Olympus
Read The Red Pyramid
Read The Throne of Fire
Read The Serpent's Shadow
Read Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods

Basically, read everything. 

(I will update this list as I go)

No comments:

Post a Comment