Friday, August 22, 2014

Blast from the Past : The Truth About Forever

I was trying to figure out a way to feature books that I read and loved before starting this blog and this is what I've come up with. "Blast from the Past". Yes, I know it's very original but it is what it is... because I couldn't come up with anything better. Hey, maybe it will catch on and 'blast from the past' will become a thing. It could happen.

Anyway, here's my first blast.


The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen came out back in 2004 when I was a wee 11 year old. I read this around that time, maybe a year or two later, and soon became obsessed with books and Young Adult Fiction in general. Of course, I'd read books before but not in the way that I started reading them around this time. I'm pretty sure that this isn't the first Sarah Dessen novel that I'd read but it was one of the first 2 or 3 and it played a huge part in my love for contemporary (I exclusively read contemporary at this point). I made it my mission to read all of Sarah Dessen's books because I had never felt about a book the way I did with Dessen's novels. Sarah Dessen kindled my love for YA and The Truth About Forever still remains among my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment