Monday, March 24, 2014

Life Update and What I'm Reading Right Now

I realize that I haven't been posting very much lately and that's kind of a bad thing when you have a blog because by starting a blog you've essentially made a commitment to regular posting and I've been slacking on that commitment lately. I have a good excuse though so just hear me out.

This past week was finals week and I was caught up in studying for my exams and wrapping up the quarter. The week before that was more or less the same. While I wasn't focusing on my classes, I was mostly busy studying for the MCATs. Yes, I am planning on applying to medical school and I am getting ready to take the MCAT on April 5th. March has mostly been a mix of studying for school and studying for this massive admissions test that is getting closer by the day. As you might imagine I haven't gotten very much time to do just read. I've also kind of placed a semi-reading ban for myself. I know, it sounds horrible and at times it even feels that way, but I needed to place this ban in order to really do the kind of studying I need to be doing.

I have a ton (read 19) of books on my bookshelf waiting to be read plus another few ebooks. So, 20+ books, all of which I really, really want to read. I know that they're the kind of books that once I pick them and get into it I will have a hard time putting it down. I can't really afford to do that kind of reading right now, as much as I would like to, so I'm exercising my will power and staying away from those books (for the most part). I can't remember the last time that I read so little in such a large period of time. It's kind of unfortunate that this is happening in March because earlier in the month I got an eARC of Plus One by Elizabeth Fama and The Here and Now by Ann Brashares and I haven't really gotten the chance to read them. I also received a physical copy of Sempre by J.M. Darhower for review and haven't gotten the chance to read that either.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13111733-sempre?from_search=true


There's another 12 days till my exam and I am sure that I will start reading a book as soon as I can after finishing the exam. On the plus side, I get a Amazon gift card for doing the bonus/trial section on the MCAT and we all know that I will be spending that gift card on books.

As for what I'm reading right now, I'm somewhat dual reading. First, there is Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson and Plus One by Elizabeth Fama. I've been reading both books for over 10 days now and am just about half way through the first one and 20% through the other. Like I said, the slowest reading I've probably ever done.



Anyway, I will be picking this blog and blogging back up in April, around the second week of April, and I'm also planning on starting a booktube channel then as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment